Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Really Chocolate Tilda

I kept thinking and thing about chocolate...no, wait, it was the chocolate challenge on Totally Tilda I was thinking about...or was it chocolate...always drawn to chocolate...no, no, it was the challenge!
Anyway, here is what I decided on after learning about the Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge today:


For the outside, I made a box out of brown cardstock. If anyone is interested, I can post a tutorial on how I made this. For the window on the top, I used my Scalloped Nestabilities die to make an opening, and then used a piece of clear acetate inside the hole. I embellished the scallops with little pearls. I also used the Nesties to cut the Tilda tag, and the leftover piece of brown from the top was used as the base to glue the inside flowers to. You can just see them peeking out the window---Wild Orchid Crafts flowers, of course!

I slid off the ribbon, so you could look inside the box...that is the best!


CHALLENGES:

Totally Tilda--chocolate
Wild Orchid Crafts--Say It With Flowers
Cupcake Craft Challenge--Acetate

I have many readers from many countries, so I have used a bar of milk chocolate Cadbury chocolate, in the hopes that many of you have that available. I happen to really love eating Cadbury too, so it is a wonder that bar of chocolate has survived this far!
I took a strip of the brown cardstock that would go around the bar and overlap about 2 inches, and glued it together around the bar, leaving just a little room so it will slide off easily.
I pulled out all the white, beige and brown flowers that I have, Stickled some, misted some with golden Tattered Angels mist and arranged a little nosegay which I glued to the brown scalloped oval from cutting the window. Added some leaves and some fern accents, then glued tthe nosegay to the brown strip encircling the chocolate bar (still no chocolate eating!).

Here is a nosegay close-up:


So now I have made this little gift, photographed it, blogged about it, and set it to post early morning. Right now, I think I need to take a break. Up until this point, no chocolate has been harmed in the making of this box, or the blogging about it.
If you are against cruelty to chocolate, don't read any further.

Ever since reading Charley and the Chocolate Factory in 4th grade,
I have been fascinated with chocolate.
I'm still hoping to find a golden ticket in a bar someday.
So I keep eating my way through those bars, just in case.
The best thing about this little floral corsage, is that it slides off the Cadbury bar, and can slide back on a new one, if this particular one disappears.
That just might happen.
I promise to share with the husband and the son...if they catch me eating it!

I think I might be dreaming of chocolate tonight!

17 comments:

craftykitten said...

HI Pam,
Lovely box and those flowers are gorgeous. Tilda is coloured beautifully too. Thanks for joining in our first challenge at Totally Tilda.
Hugs
DAwnx

LindaC said...

Beautiful! Great job on your project. Linda C
http://lccorner.blogspot.com/

Corinne said...

Pam, your Tilda is adorable. The box is lovely and the flowers are beautiful. What a wonderful little gift you created.
Hugs~
Corinne

Christine said...

Hi Pam stunning creation love the image & colours ..gorgeous flowers..
thanks for sharing & joining us on our 1st Totally Tilda Chall.

Hugs Christine xx

Christina C. said...

Pam, your chocolate Tilda is stunning and your flowers are absolutely gorgeous. Fabulous job!

Penni said...

Wow this is fabulous, the flowers are so pretty.

Hugs
Penni
x

Christine Riley said...

So cute, love the flowers!
Hugs, Christine

Jean said...

Pam, your box is so lovely and I love your coloring (brown) of Tilda. I do love your flower arrangement on top.. you went all out on that one.. looks great... but I wouldn't be able to keep the chocolate in the box... sorry, it would be gone before nights end.... LOL...
Hugs, Jean

Stampin Mindy said...

This is so pretty, your stamp and colors are devine, Beautiful work!

Thank you for joining us at our first challenge at Wild Orchid Crafts!

Hugs, Mindy

Lisette Morris said...

Gorgeous!! I love the bouquet and flowers and I know the bar would definatly disappear!

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Pam, what a gorgeous little box and such a thoughtful way to present a bar of chocolate. I love the arrangement of the flowers and the way you've used the acetate to display them. I hope you didn't have to substitute another bar of chocolate before posting lol! Thanks for sharing with us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Irene Daryanto said...

Absolutely LOVE the flower, they're gorgeous, and the chocolate.... yum..yum..yum..!
Hugs, Irene

Kathy Gerace said...

In my stamp mansion that chocolate bar never would have made it! Your flowers are gorgeous! You did a masterful job on everything in this project.
Kathy Gerace

Vicky said...

What a beautiful creation and so yummy too...lol
I think you flower design is stunning...

Gorgeous job!!!
x
Vicky

cabio's craft corner said...

Beautiful project Pam and lovely flower arrangement inside too!
Hugs,
Cabio

Susie Sugar said...

Yummy yummy Pam !!! oh I love this what a fantastic idea
its great
Thanks for joining in our first challenge at the Totally Tilda Challenge blog
Hugs Susie & the TT DT xx

Nicola said...

Ooh Pam your box is just so sweet, love your colouring of Tilda and the gorgeous floral contents.
Thank you for joining us at Totally Tilda.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-