Pages

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Hot Pink, Orange and Purple

Sounds like a crazy bunch of colors, doesn't it? I guess that is why we call these "challenges!"

Creative Inspirations posted this challenge, and my initial reaction, before I saw the DT cards, was"WHAT?!" Take one look at the ideas they present, and you want to try it out for yourself, just like I did!

I went looking through my stash of papers, and I found one that had those colors! Who knew!
It even had gold glitter dots on it, and yesterday I had made 3 little wire flowers with a gold tone wire--appears to be a match made in heaven!
I colored Tilda with my Prismacolor pencils because I don't have Copics in the right colors.

Here is what I used:
Berry Tilda--Magnolia-licious
Italian Poetry Background Stamp--Hero Arts
Ribbon--JoAnn Fabrics
DCWV "Once Upon a Time" cardstock
Bazzill Basics purple cardstock
SU! cardstock in Only Orange and Pink Passion
MS Scalloped Eyelet punch

For the layout, I used a card from the latest Magnolia Ink Magazine,
Midsummer's Night Dream, page 43--
"Summer Blooms" by Mary

Take a peek inside...
It is hard to tell, but those purple flowers are punched with
a MS dual punch, "Dahlia" and then cut out from the cardstock.

Thinking outside of the box can make for some very beautiful cards!

12 comments:

Patricia Garcia said...

Oh cute card, love the Oranges and the cute wire flower adds the perfect touch!

Hugs,
Patricia

Silvie Z said...

What a cute card! Your handmade wire flower is beautiful!
Greetings from France!
Silvie

Jean said...

I, for one love it.. sometimes the crazier the colors, the lovier the card... and this is a great card... You did so well with your coloring and then just started adding colors as you wanted and it all worked out... the paper had a little gold, purple, orange, so you put it all together and put the pink.... Great thought and it works!!! Great card inside too.
Hugs, Jean

Jean said...

I, for one love it.. sometimes the crazier the colors, the lovier the card... and this is a great card... You did so well with your coloring and then just started adding colors as you wanted and it all worked out... the paper had a little gold, purple, orange, so you put it all together and put the pink.... Great thought and it works!!! Great card inside too.
Hugs, Jean

Unknown said...

Hi Pam...you've been busy!! Love the new card! The colors are yummy...and the wire flower is really creative! Love the inside too! Beautifully done! Pat Frank (VA)

Lisa Andrews said...

I agree, thinking outside the box did create a beautiful card! Awesome job with the prisma pencils and I love your wire flowers, they are too cool!! (or warm??, LOL)

hugs, Lisa A

Anonymous said...

This is a gorgeous card you've made with our colour scheme! Tilda is beautifully colored, and those wire flowers are fabulous! Thank you for joining us at Creative Inspirations!
Hugs,
April

Jennifer said...

Gorgeous card. you made the colours work really well together! xx Jenny xx http://myinkyhands-jennifer.blogspot.com

Sharon said...

These are all lovely Pam. I think your distress ink colouring looks great & like you, I often drool over Kim's gorgeous creations!

Leonie said...

May be strange colour combo but you have made it work beautifully! great job on this challenge! Great job with the distress inks too
Hugs Leonie

cabio's craft corner said...

That is such a sweet card and all the embellies you used are so cute & adorable. I love that bright color scheme you did on this card!
Hugs,
Cabio

Cami said...

Your card is very pretty! You never what you can create until you try it and yes, challenges are great to get us to think outside of the box and discover new things! You have done a great job! Hugs, Cami