Pages

Friday, March 26, 2010

Cardmaking and re-purposing




Today I am cheating, because I actually made this a couple of days ago, but I wanted to share it on the blog. My co-worker had this very nifty little bag, that she got when she bought a greeting (calm down, not everyone likes to craft their own cards!). She knows how crafty I am, so she gave it to me to do something with.
I turned that little bag into an envelope for a custom designed card to match it!
I used various card stocks that I had on hand, hand-drew the flowers, leaf, etc using colors from the bag. I cut them out and applied them to the burgundy background.You can see the envelope in the first picture. Above is a close up of the card.
The stamped "Hugs and Kisses" is from Stampin' Up.
Because the envelope is so decorated, I had to put the addresses on with labels, but I think it is a fashionable re-use for that little-old bag!

No comments: