Pages

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Court of Honor Casserole

Today was my son Andy's Boy Scout Court of Honor. (Andy is a Life Scout, working towards his Eagle award.) There are 2 banquets each year, spring and fall, and the springtime one is a potluck. I always feel self-conscious about bringing a casserole for a potluck, because I am afraid no one will like it. Well this one was a hit! It was gobbled up, and the teenage boys gave it two thumbs up! This is all that is left:


The original recipe for "Creamy Beef Casserole" came from www.allrecipes.com. I was missing one of the soups, so I had to substitute cheddar cheese soup, and I thought it needed a little flavor boost, and by the time I got done, I decided it was more my recipe than the original, so I am sharing it here.

Court of Honor Casserole
Serves 8-10, more if it is part of a potluck, with other entrees

2 pounds ground beef, browned with 1 large chopped onion and drained
12 ounces of egg noodles, cooked and drained
1 (15 oz) corn, drained
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cheddar cheese soup
1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 cups sour cream
2 TB worcestershire sauce
1 tsp dried minced garlic
1 tsp dry mustard
1 tsp dried oregano
1 TB dried parsley
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 cup dried breadcrumbs
1/4 cup butter, melted

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, or the pot you cooked the noodles in, combine all ingredients except breadcrumbs and butter. Stir until well mixed. Transfer to a 3 quart baking dish sprayed with non-stick spray. In a separate bowl, stir together butter and breadcrumbs; sprinkle over casserole. Bake casserole uncovered, in 350 degree oven, for about 30 minutes, or until heated through.

No comments: