Pages

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Thank you for Blog Candy!

Happy (very muggy!) Thursday!

Just a quick shout out to Susan at Killam Creative for the fun blog candy! If you haven't been to Susan's blog, be sure to check it out. She uses an eclectic collection of images in her projects (I really love that not everything Susan does is cutsie) and her cards are so inspiring to me.
I'll be sharing my own projects with some of the fun items from her blog candy.

Today I am off to take my 86 year-old father to a doctor's appointment, and I need to finish organizing my craft nook because my daughter will be home for a 2-week visit.

I will share a photo of the wonderful paper storage drawer that my husband made for me:



I keep it under my desk, and since it is on wheels, I can pull it out and see the files easily. The legal files were made to fit 12" x 12" paper by altering them. I used a tutorial I found online, but I cut the hanging file along the bottom crease, then cut a piece of poster board, creased it and taped it to the bottom. The poster board gives a little more stability, and since I am not currently doing scrapbooking, I am not too worried about acids and lignins. I had loose papers squirreled away in various storage modes, and I just got everything collected and filed by color.
I cannot tell you how terrific it is to have a designated place to work, and adequate storage, so I can keep it all neat! It is almost all put together, so I'll be posting pictures in the next couple of days...stay tuned!

3 comments:

Emma and Susan said...

Hi Pam! WOW! What gorgeous work you have on your blog! We have just been looking through all your creations and each one is so gorgeous. We love the paper storage drawer from your husband!!
Have a great day!
Love and hugs
Emma and Susan
xxx

Jennifer said...

Lucky you! The only thing my hubby makes is a mess...lol! xx Jenny xx

Susan ~ Killam Creative said...

Hi Pam - thanks so much for this shout-out! I love how you describe my work. :)

I've been having repetitive motion issues with my "mouse" arm for a while and not blogging or visiting anyone much. I'm so sorry I didn't see this earlier. Thanks so much for you kind words, sweetie. :)

Cheers,
Susan